Our criteria for endorsement
When looking at our calendar, one can see that it contains “endorsed” tournaments. We do not take this endorsement lightly- we make sure that the tournament organisation adheres to our rules. Also, we do not go looking for tournaments to endorse- if you woud like your tournament to be on our calendar, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and send your tournament details. You may be contacted by one of our staff for more details.
The criteria are not very difficult to follow. As follows:
- The tournament will adopt the five-class divisioning system as per the SNJU rules.
- The tournament will adopt a proper divisioning methodology so as to determine the correct division in which a judoka is pooled.
- The referees are approved as Adapted Judo referees (or similar) in their country of origin.
- Tatami tables will have coloured markings to as to improve self-reliance of the participating judoka.
- Matches will be conducted on an official approved Judo tatami of correct contest size, not on the so-called “puzzle mats” as safety is of the utmost importance.
- Organising body will be a member of SNJU, or is in the process of becoming a member.