Special Needs Judo Union is a non-political, non-profit organisation providing unprecedented quality in education, training and competition for all people involved in inclusive judo.
The executive committee is made up five international volunteers from various countries, all with a common goal; to promote and develop inclusion in Judo. This group is made up of like-minded, skilled and high motivated individuals with a vast amount of experience in areas such as management & governance, sports development, education & coaching, high performance development, inclusion, competition, PR & marketing and IT.
Our registered membership is growing rapidly across the world with clubs and organisation joining forces under the SNJU banner to help promote and raise awareness of Special Needs/Autism Judo and its benefits to all who participate in it.
The SNJU has a number of goals and ambitious plans for the future development of Special Needs judo worldwide which we can only achieve with the co-operation and support of SN judo nations, organisation and clubs.
Our short to medium term objectives & goals are ambitious and achievable and are as follows:
- Promote and develop special needs judo worldwide
- Increase participation worldwide
- Unite existing SN judo nations with common goals and rules
- Develop an SN/adaptive coaching programme for existing and new SN judo coaches
- Develop an SN/Adaptive referee programme and register
- Develop a single set of competition rules that are agreed and implemented by all
- Offer help and advice to international NGB’s on the formation & development of SN judo programmes
The following is our executive committee and their contact details:
Tomas Rundqvist (Sweden) – President email@example.com
James Mulroy (Ireland) – Vice President / Gen Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
Tycho van der Werff (Netherlands) – Education & Coaching Director email@example.com
Cecilia Evenblij (Switzerland) – PR/Marketing Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob Lefevere (Netherlands) – IT Director email@example.com